Thursday, November 20, 2008

April 23, 2001

Hi, everyone. It's been a while since I sent anything newsworthy on the writing side, so it's always nice to be able to send something! I've added my Cub Scout parents to the list - so hopefully none of you will pull your sons from the scouts after learning their den leader is a horror writer. :-)

My story "The Storm of Generations" is now appearing in the pro websize The Pedestal Magazine (http://www.thepedestalmagazine.com). I'm really happy with this one, and I hope you like it. I wrote it one night while listening to a massive thunderstorm rocking the house. I wanted to write something sci-fi-ish, though like everything else I do, it turned out more horror than sci-fi - more Bradbury than Asimov if I may be so bold. :-) OK... I may NOT be so bold (sigh).

No word on the novel yet, still waiting to hear its fate. In the meantime, I'm about 3/4 of the way through the 1st draft of #2 - this one's a doozy, I think. :-)

OK, that's it. I haven't had a chance to update my home page (http://www.dankeohane.com) with this new story link, so click on the one in this email to find it.

Thanks!
Dan Keohane

No comments: