Thursday, November 20, 2008

November 8, 2001

Hi, everyone. It's been a while, so I thought I'd drop a note for a couple of reasons: 1) Catch you up on what's been happening writing-wise, and 2) see if this yahoo mail-list thingy really works.

My story "White Wave of Mercy" will soon be appearing in the upcoming anthology EXTREMES 4: DARKEST AFRICA, a CD-ROM multi-media anthology of short fiction from Lone Wolf Publications, edited by Brian A. Hopkins. Since the anthology is multi-media, along with the story I also have a video introduction (and I don't mumble! Well, not TOO much). Special thanks to my brother Mike for making that one possible. The anthology is due for release in early 2002. You can see the creepy but gorgeous cover art and learn more about it at Lone Wolf's website http://www.lonewolfpubs.com/

Right now, you can PRE-ORDER DARKEST AFRICA at a 25% discount. At the website, click on COMING SOON, then on the thumbnail to bring up all the exciting info. I'm sharing space with some major talents in this anthology, so check it out.

As far as my newly-titled second novel, THE ARK ON THE COMMON (Bruce and Steve - you were right, but I decided to take some artistic license and keep the word "common" - I do it so cleverly no one will notice ): The opening chapters and novel synopsis went out in the mail to the editor last week. Prayers for a speedy delivery and speedy response (a good one, and maybe a side order of fries with it) are always welcome.

Still no word on the first novel, ONE NIGHT AT GOOD SHEPHERD. I've decided to put it out of my mind until ARK is finished. You'll hear when I hear.

Finally, my story "The Doll Wagon" has collected some more Bram Stoker award recommendations within the Horror Writers Association. That's always a nice thing to see. I loaded the story onto my website for HWA members to be able to read, but as a thank-you for being on my humble list, I'll give it to you all as well. Just go to the following address:
[note: link is no longer valid]

That's about it. Thanks for listening.
Dan

No comments: