Thursday, November 20, 2008

October 26th, 2004

1. On the radio again, this Friday!
2. And in the Boston Phoenix newspaper...
3. The winner is....

======================
On the radio... again!
======================
Yep, that's right. Gard Goldsmith invited me back for a return visit to his Manchester NH studios this Friday, October 29th, during the 5:00 pm hour (likely sometime between 5:00 and 5:30 like last time). As before, I'll be phoning in. Not like last time, I'll have company. At least one other (and one much more esteemed than me) guest will be joining us – novelist Christopher Golden. Chris has dozens of original novels and Buffy / Angel novelizations under his belt. Not to mention he's a very cool guy. Gard's also recruiting a couple more, but as of this writing they aren't confirmed. So, if you're in the car or home after 5:00 pm, tune in to AM 610 talk radio, the Gardner Goldsmith show, and listen to me mumble amid the static again.

================================
Boston Phoenix Article this week
================================
I was interviewed recently by Boston Phoenix (that's a weekly newspaper for you non-New Englanders) staff writer Camille Dodero as part of an overall article on local New England horror authors. She did a fantastic job interviewing, so much so I'm *really* not sure what I told her, exactly. I know we covered quite a lot of ground, from my short stories, to my novel in progress, and the fact that the novels are in the Christian horror/suspense vein, we even talked about my lovely wife Janet (I hope I got her name right). Of course, the half-hour-plus interview will probably end up as only one or two lines, but that would still be very cool. I mean, we're talking The Boston Phoenix here, not the Penny Saver (...heh, there's a Way Back Machine name for you...). Especially if she spells my name correctly. So go out and get a copy (and get one for me! We only get the Worcester Phoenix in my neck of the woods, and that deals mostly with the plight of salamanders).

[10/29 note: the article can be seen at http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_features/other_stories/multi_3/documents/04224656.asp]

====================
And the Winner is...
====================
The most recent winner of an illustrious new-at-some-point VHS Sci-Fi film, who will take home – or have it delivered to his home – the classic film WAR OF THE WORLDS, is none other than MISTER Lon Prater! He's currently sobbing in delight backstage, otherwise I'd have him come up and take a bow.

And, yes, since we have yet another Dan News Thingy, we have even MORE PRIZES to give away. FREE! I'm so excited I can just spit! In fact... pphhlltt.... hang on while I wipe my chin.

=========
Closing
=========
OK, that's it. "Keep it short," the guy staring at me all the time from the corner of my closet likes to say. More news as it happens. Oh, Small Bites (see previous news note) IS available at Amazon, after all, including an e-version. I believe I had said otherwise.

Go Red Sox.

Dan 

No comments: