Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dan Keohane News August 24, 2000

Hi, folks. It's been a while since I've done any "official" news breaks. I know you've been losing sleep wondering what's been happening in my little writing world. Some of you on this list have been recently added - if you'd rather not be on this list, just ask and I'll remove you. No problem at all, honest.

My modern-day take on the Great Flood, entitled "Lavish", is now appearing in the magazine Fantastic Stories (issue #2). This is a print 'zine, and you might be able to find it at your local Barnes & Noble, if not this week maybe next. The magazine's previous incarnation (Pirate Writings) used to be stocked there. To see a preview of the issue hit http://www.dnapublications.com/ and go to the bottom to Select "Fantastic Stories". The opening paragraphs of some of the stories (including mine) and a pic of the cover are displayed. Also, you can click into "subscribe online" and order this specific issue (select "sample copy") using a credit card. (Be sure to specify in the comments area Fantastic Stories #2 ). This story is the basis for my next novel, if anyone's interested.

Also, later this year my story "The Doll Wagon" will be appearing in a special tribute anthology to Jack Finney's The Body Snatchers. The antho is called PODDITIES. Some big names will be in this one (bigger than mine, if you can believe that!). More on this as it gets ready for press.

Finally, my previously-published piece "AM" will be appearing in the anthology Cemetery Sonata II (yes, the sequel to the anthology that started it all for me back in '98). "AM" was originally in the web 'zine Bonetree, which has since folded up and disappeared. I like this story and I'm glad it's found a permanent home.

No word on One Night at Good Shepherd yet (novel # 1). Still on the editor's desk. If it sells, trust me, you'll hear it. If not, well, I'll be too busy sobbing hysterically to send any emails.

OK, get back to work. Bye now.
Dan

No comments: